Saturday, May 1, 2010

Our Moving Trip

Well the move started out ok.... Alyssa had thrown up all over my bed the night before, Alexis woke up with a very high fever. We left 1 and 1/2 hours later then we had wanted to. At first we didn't think that out bed was going to fit into the truck, eventually the did get it. It started snowing and raining before we left and kept that up for the first few hours. It did rain the entire way here. We made pretty good time considering all the stopping and whatnot.

The kids did good on the drive. Lexi got some medicine into her and was fine from then on. Alyssa slept the whole way, she would only wake up when we stopped but then went back to sleep, she did cry for the last 2 hours of the trip. It's a long time for little ones....and big ones lol.

We landed aroung 7pm. I thought we were just going to leave the truck for the night but nope. The guys wanted to unpack. So away we started. We started to notice a pattern with all the boxes and stuff, eveything that was on the bottom of the pile in the truck was SOAKED! So not only did we have to unload but we had to unpack the wet ones. Nothing was dammaged..... Thank God. We did have to clean my love seat and my mattress.

We have been unpacking since Wednesday, I still have so much work to do. I am going to be able to keep my day home totally seperate from my upstairs which is what I wanted.

The girls are having tons of fun. Outside playing all day everyday. Lexi is always saying how she misses her friends and Tina, Ken, Angie, John and everyone else. It has to be hard on her.

Anyway I will post pictures soon once we are all done, and I find my camera lol. Miss you guys like crazy!

7 comments:

Enmans said...

WE MISS YOU 2!!!! COME HOME!!

liza said...

Jenica asked this am if lexi moved far away now. When I told her yes she said I miss her mom. AWWW! So do I already miss ya all!! Hope you can come visit soon!

Katrina Holmes (Tina) said...

We miss you too. I really can't believe you are gone. There was such a hole wed noght at church. So many things remind me o fyou and then it hits us again that you are gone. I bought a Taste of home magazine and thought I had to shwo you and them remebered. Whenever i drive close to your turn off I remember. I just did that this morning and it hit me again. I even drove up in there past your house and it hit me agian. Missing you and the girls terribly! Give them a BG hug from us. So happy that they are having a good time.

Becky said...

Missing you guys Diedre! Adria said she saw Jazzlyn coming up the stairs to Sunday School, and just for a second thought it was Alyssa and got really excited!!! She said, "I thought they came back, mom!!"

Looking for pictures when you get time to post :) God bless

patricia.holmes@live.ca said...

Diedre your house looks so nice. We are so happy for you.
We sure miss you, just reading all these replies, takes me back to when you left us in NB. We thought our hearts would break in two. It is so hard watching those little girls grow up without us. I keep hoping that someday the Lord will let you find you way this way. I wish you were my neighbors, your Mom must be so happy having you so close.
Hopefully you will be able to visit this summer, if not we are hoping to make it out there when our new little one arrives.
Kiss my little princesses for me, tell them Nanny and Grampie misses them so much. xoxo
Love Pat

patricia.holmes@live.ca said...

We miss you guys so much, just reading all the comments made me remember when you guys all left us, what a hole it left. Our hearts still ache so much some days. I keep a slide show on our Apple that plays Christian radio, I can't get a station here. Some days I just watch them over and over. I keep hoping you will get your fill of Alberta and decide to move here,lol.
Your house looks beautiful, I am so happy for you.
Kiss my little princesses, hope you can get a trip home soon. If now we are going to try to get out there when our new one comes.
Love you much, XO
Pat

Diedre said...

Sarah: We miss you too! What is your blog? My email is diedreholmes@live.ca

Lisa: Lexi talks about Jenica all the time. She is still her best friend. I hope we can too.

Tina: Church is going to be very different here too. We are going to our first service tomorrow. It just wont be the same at all.


Becky: Awe...how about you all just come up here lol

Pat: Maybe someday, too bad you guys couldn't have come out here. But we should for sure be able to come visit at least for Christmas we are hoping.